Mississippi State (14-7, 5-6 SEC) vs. #42 Ole Miss (9-9, 2-7 SEC)
- The team which served first in each match is indicated by “*”.
- Suspended matches will be marked with an “S”.
- Current ITA National Rankings precede player names.
- Also follow @HailStateWT on Twitter for updates on MSU women’s tennis
FINAL SCORE #25 MSU 5, #42 UM 2
Weather: Sunny, 66 degrees
Under the current system, a women’s college tennis match consists of three doubles matches and six singles matches which determine seven total points as follows:
- All matches will be played with no-ad scoring.
- Doubles - Three doubles matches will be played to begin the match. Each match will be one set (first to 6, by two). A regular tiebreaker (first to 7, by two) will be played if a set reaches 6-all.
- Intermission – Five minutes between doubles and singles
- Singles - Six singles matches will be played after the intermission. Each singles match will be best 2-of-3 sets (first to 6, by two). A regular tiebreaker (first to 7, by two) will be played if a set reaches 6-all.
The team to score four points or more is the winner of the match.