Mississippi State (3-2) vs. Samford (1-1)
- The team which served first in each match is indicated by “*”.
- Current ITA National Rankings precede player names.
- Also follow @HailStateMT on Twitter for updates on MSU men’s tennis
Current Score - #29 MSU 0, Samford 0
Weather: Partly cloudy, 48 degrees
Under the current system, a men’s college tennis match consists of three doubles matches and six singles matches which determine seven total points as follows:
- All matches will be played with no-ad scoring.
- Doubles - Three doubles matches will be played to begin the match. Each match will be one set (first to 6, by two). A regular tiebreaker (first to 7, by two) will be played if a set reaches 6-all.
- Intermission – Five minutes between doubles and singles
- Singles - Six singles matches will be played after the intermission. Each singles match will be best 2-of-3 sets (first to 6, by two). A regular tiebreaker (first to 7, by two) will be played if a set reaches 6-all.
The team to score four points or more is the winner of the match.