State (5-1) vs. #42 Texas Tech (7-2)
- The team which served first in each match is indicated by “*”.
- Current ITA National Rankings precede player names.
- Matches will be suspended once team match is clinched
- Also follow @HailStateMT on Twitter for updates on MSU men’s tennis
Current Score – #42 TTU 3, #23 MSU 2
- Due to inclement weather and travel considerations for Texas Tech, today’s match has been moved up to 9 a.m., and to the McCarthy Gymnasium.
will start with singles play, starting with the No. 1 and No. 2 positions.
Under the current system, a college tennis match consists of three doubles matches and six singles matches which determine seven total points as follows:
- All matches will be played with no-ad scoring.
- Doubles - Three doubles matches will be played to begin the match. Each match will be one set (first to 6, by two). A regular tiebreaker (first to 7, by two) will be played if a set reaches 6-all.
- Intermission - Five minutes between
doubles and singles
The team to score four points or more is the winner of the match.