No. 34 Mississippi
State (13-5, 4-2 SEC) vs. No. 13 Ole Miss (12-5, 4-2 SEC)
- The team which served first in each match is indicated by “*”.
- Current ITA National Rankings precede player names.
- Matches will be suspended once team match is clinched
- Also follow @HailStateMT on Twitter for updates on MSU men’s tennis
Final Score – #34 MSU 4, #13 UM 1
- Mississippi State has won six of their last eight matches this season.
- Against the Rebels, MSU is 28-48 all-time and 11-14 at home. However, State has won seven of the last nine meetings between the teams.
- The Maroon and White have won 22 of its last 25 matches in Starkville dating back to the 2013 season.
- MSU has captured the doubles point in 13 of its last 14 matches is 12-3 this season when doing so.
Under the current system, a college tennis match consists of three doubles matches and six singles matches which determine seven total points as follows:
- All matches will be played with no-ad scoring.
- Doubles - Three doubles matches will be played to begin the match. Each match will be one set (first to 6, by two). A regular tiebreaker (first to 7, by two) will be played if a set reaches 6-all.
- Intermission - Five minutes between doubles and singles
- Singles - Six singles matches will be played after the intermission. Each singles match will be best 2-of-3 sets (first to 6, by two). A regular tiebreaker (first to 7, by two) will be played if a set reaches 6-all.
The team to score four points or more is the winner of the match.