State (3-1) vs. #15 California (4-0)
- The team which served first in each match is indicated by “*”.
- Current ITA National Rankings precede player names.
- Matches will be suspended once team match is clinched
- Also follow @HailStateMT on Twitter for updates on MSU men’s tennis
Final Score – CAL 4, MSU 2
- Cal advances to Chicago, Ill., for the 2015 ITA National Team Indoor Championship Feb. 13-16.
Under the current system, a college tennis match consists of three doubles matches and six singles matches which determine seven total points as follows:
- All matches will be played with no-ad scoring.
- Doubles - Three doubles matches will be played to begin the match. Each match will be one set (first to 6, by two). A regular tiebreaker (first to 7, by two) will be played if a set reaches 6-all.
- Intermission - Five minutes between
doubles and singles
The team to score four points or more is the winner of the match.