State (4-1) vs. #75 Rice (3-2)
- The team which served first in each match is indicated by “*”.
- Current ITA National Rankings precede player names.
- Matches will be suspended once team match is clinched
- Also follow @HailStateMT on Twitter for updates on MSU men’s tennis
Final Score – MSU 4, RU 0
- Following today’s first match, the Bulldogs will return at 6 p.m., to face Alcorn State.
- Today’s win marks the Bulldogs second ranked win of the season.
- Florian Lakat earned his 20th-career dual match victory.
- Mate Cutura/Tassilo Schmid are now a perfect 4-0 this season in doubles play.
Under the current system, a college tennis match consists of three doubles matches and six singles matches which determine seven total points as follows:
- All matches will be played with no-ad scoring.
- Doubles - Three doubles matches will be played to begin the match. Each match will be one set (first to 6, by two). A regular tiebreaker (first to 7, by two) will be played if a set reaches 6-all.
- Intermission - Five minutes between
doubles and singles
The team to score four points or more is the winner of the match.