State (5-1) vs. Alcorn State (0-1)
- The team which served first in each match is indicated by “*”.
- Current ITA National Rankings precede player names.
- Matches will be suspended once team match is clinched
- Also follow @HailStateMT on Twitter for updates on MSU men’s tennis
Final Score – MSU 4, ASU 0
MSU is now 3-0
all time against Alcorn State.
won 18 of their last 20 matches at the A.J. Pitts Tennis Centre.
- MSU returns to action this Sunday against No. 42 Texas Tech, scheduled for 11 a.m.
Under the current system, a college tennis match consists of three doubles matches and six singles matches which determine seven total points as follows:
- All matches will be played with no-ad scoring.
- Doubles - Three doubles matches will be played to begin the match. Each match will be one set (first to 6, by two). A regular tiebreaker (first to 7, by two) will be played if a set reaches 6-all.
- Intermission - Five minutes between
doubles and singles
The team to score four points or more is the winner of the match.