Mississippi State Strength & Conditioning
MSU Strengh & Conditioning
Holliman Athletic Center
P.O. Box 5327
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Mission and Philosophy
- To provide the student-athletes with a consistent, safe, and productive way of physical training.
- Devise a system following basic physiological principles of training using a direct, simple coaching approach measuring effort levels daily.
- Help guide the student-athlete to help reach their potential by setting goals and monitoring progress at all times and where accountability is a constant.
- All training protocols are designed and implemented with the same underlying structure to ensure cohesion. With the stability of such an umbrella structure, the programs can experience any potential personnel changes without adversely affecting the comprehensive system.
Strength & Conditioning Staff
Employment - Internships
Below are links to videos demonstrating various strength & conditioning exercises and drills utilized by the Mississippi State staff.
- WARM UP -
Dynamic Warm Up
| A Skips x 20 yards | Butt Kicks x 20 yards | High Knees x 10 yards, Run 10 yards |
| Pull Aparts |
Med Ball Quicks
| Side to Side |
| Regular | Over the Top |
2-Count Ladder Progression
| Ali Shuffle |
- TOTAL BODY EXERCISES -
| Barbell Hang Clean | Barbell Shrug Pull |
- UPPER BODY EXERCISES -
| Dumbbell Incline Press | Dumbbell Shrug | Manual Resistance Neck (Front) | Manual Resistance Neck (Back) | Manual Resistance Neck (Side) | Wrist Flexion |
- LOWER BODY EXERCISES -
| Glute Ham Raises | Leg Press | Manual Resistance Hip Flexor | Romanian Deadlift | Single Leg Hip Lift | Squat | Trap Bar Deadlift |
- ABS -
Plate or Med Ball Abs 10-25 lbs.
| Full Sit-ups | Elbows to Knees with Pause |
Med Ball Partner Abs (Ground)
| Lying Overhead Throws |
| Side Elbow Bridge (right and left) |
- PRE-HAB/FLEXIBILITY -
| 3-Way Bench Hip Flexor |
| 2-way Hamstring Rotational Stretch |
Static Stretch x 6-10 seconds each
| Squat Stretch/Legs Straight |
- SPEED TRAINING -
| Squat Jumps |
| Star Drill |
Mississippi State has two weight rooms available for student-athletes to utilize during their careers - the Rouse Weight Room in the Holliman Athletic Complex and our auxiliary weight room in the Shira Complex.
The MSU Strength & Conditioning staff will conduct a clinic on Friday and Saturday, February 17-18, 2012.
- 2012 Mississippi State University Strength and Conditioning Clinic - Official Brochure (.pdf)
Watch highlights from the 2011 MSU Strength & Conditioning Clinic:
The MSU Strength & Conditioning staff will conduct a camp for male and female athletes grades 4-12 in any sport. The camp will be held on Saturday, April 21, 2012, from 7:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. (during 2012 Super Bulldog Weekend) on the MSU Football Practice Fields and in the MSU Football Weight Room.
For more information, please contact Alicia Catlette (662-325-5463).