W.O. Spencer Stadium/Carl Maddox Track - under new renovation
Click here to locate the W.O. Spencer Stadium/Carl Maddox Track on the MSU campus map.
W.O. SPENCER STADIUM
Co-named in honor of two-time Olympian and a former MSU athletic director, the W.O. Spencer Stadium/Carl Maddox Track is the home of the Bulldog and Lady Bulldog track and field teams.
Dedicated on Nov. 13, 1982, with Maddox presiding, the W.O. Spencer Track Stadium was originally named in honor of one of MSU’s all-time athletic greats.. A former Mississippi A&M track captain (1922) and track coach (1936-47). Spencer participated in the 1924 Olympics in Paris and the 1928 Olympics in Amsterdam. He was a member of the gold medal-winning mile relay team in the 1924 Olympics, and also ran on the steeple relay team in 1928.
CARL MADDOX TRACK/INFIELD
Work was completed on Mississippi State’s $3.2 million renovation to the
Carl Maddox Track at W.O. Spencer Stadium in 2011 in time for several MSU home meets during that spring, including the SEC/Big 10 Challenge in
The state-of-the-art facility feature nine lanes, a
steeplechase water jump and high jump, pole vault and long/triple jump areas, in
addition to a javelin runway and shot put, hammer and discus throw