Leo W. Seal M-Club Center
Click here to locate the Leo W. Seal M-Club Center and Frank Turman Field House on the MSU campus map.
Gracing the south end zone of historic Scott Field, the Seal M-Club provides a game-day gathering place for Mississippi State's lettermen organization, the M-Club.
The Seal building formally opened on October 27, 1990, and was presented to Mississippi State University as a gift from 1947-48 Bulldog football lineman Leo Seal Jr, of Bay St. Louis, Miss. It is named to honor his father, Leo Seal Sr., a 1911 alumnus and also a former grid lineman for (then) Mississippi A&M.
The 11,642 square-foot building, built at a cost of $1.1 million, serves the University year-round. Official meetings and banquets as well as informal gatherings are held in the single large conference room, which can be partitioned into more private meeting rooms.
The primary purpose is hosting active Alumni M-Club members and their immediate families when they return to campus on game days. Open for get-togethers hours before kickoff, active M-Club members can opt to watch the game through plate glass windows extending the length of the single story. Meals are also available at a minimal cost to members.
The free-standing structure is built above the Frank Turman Field House, which contains the game-day locker and equipment rooms for State home games. Two displays dominate the entrance. On one side are the letter sweaters worn by both Seal generations in their MSU playing days. On the other is a case full of trophies, cups and medals earned by 1920 and '24 Olympian Don Scott, perhaps the greatest athlete ever to wear the varsity 'M', and the man for whom Scott Field is named.
Displays of memorabilia donated by former athletes or their families include photographs of many Bulldog teams and athletes from all through the century, game balls, cleats, jerseys and more. One special case exhibits a rare collection of Mississippi State's unofficial, and unique, spirit symbol, the cowbell. The east wall displays photographs of all MSU's All-American athletes. Furnishings in the Seal M-Club Building are marked with special plaques noting either the M-Club member who donated them, or the letterwinner in whose honor they are given.