Mullen Earns Scholarship Winnings at Charity Golf
GREENSBORO, Ga. – Mississippi State head football coach Dan Mullen and former Bulldog Fred McCrary teamed up to claim $70,000 in scholarship winnings for the school after the two-day Chick-fil-A Bowl Golf Challenge held at Reynolds Plantation.
Mullen and McCrary shot 9-under par to finish second overall and tops among all Southeastern Conference teams.
The Chick-fil-A Bowl Challenge is annually the country’s premier head coach and celebrity charity golf event featuring NCAA head coaches and former athletes and celebrities from the same school competing against their rivals for a share of a $520,000 scholarship purse.
1. Georgia Tech (Paul Johnson / Jon Barry) -13 $125,000
2. (T) Mississippi State (Dan Mullen / Fred McCrary) -9 $70,000
2. (T) Cincinnati (Tommy Tuberville / JK Schaffer) -9 $70,000
4. Arizona (Rich Rodriguez / Jack Wagner) -8 $50,000
5. (T) Alabama (Nick Saban / Mark Ingram) -7 $30,000
5. (T) Auburn (Gus Malzahn / Bo Jackson) -7 $30,000
5. (T) Clemson (Dabo Swinney / Steve Fuller) -7 $30,000
5. (T) N.C. State (Dave Doeren / Terry Harvey) -7 $30,000
5. (T) Ole Miss (Hugh Freeze / Sean Tuohy) -7 $30,000
10. Virginia Tech (Frank Beamer / Brad Clontz) -5 $25,000
11. North Carolina (Larry Fedora / Roy Williams) E $20,000