STARKVILLE, Miss. – No. 19 Mississippi State (12-7) returns home to the friendly confines of Dudy Noble Field for a 6:30 p.m. CT first pitch March 11 against Southern Illinois (8-6). The forecast for Tuesday’s baseball game is a high of 74 degrees, a low of 55 and a 20 percent chance of rain.
Live Video and Television
The game will be streamed live by HailStateTV.com.
Live Audio and Radio
The game will air live on WKBB 100.9 FM in the Starkville/West Point area. Fans can also listen to the entire baseball game via live streaming audio at HailStateTV.com.
Tickets and Promotions
Tickets are still available and can be purchased at HailState.com/tickets. Fans can enjoy a special midweek deal at concessions with $2 hot dogs and $2 popcorn.
Mississippi State – RSo. RHP Preston Brown (1-0, 1.12 ERA)
Southern Illinois – RFr. RHP Connor McFadden (1-0, 6.97 ERA)
Fans can follow the game on social media by searching for “HailStateBB” on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. All-Access coverage of the program can also be found on FanCred.
Mississippi State – 19th in USA Today Sports’ Coaches Poll, 20th in NCBWA and Perfect Game, 23rd in Collegiate Baseball, 24th in Baseball America
Southern Illinois – Unranked
Need to Know
- Senior outfielder C.T. Bradford has registered four triples in his last nine at-bats after tallying three total in his first 669 at-bats.
- Redshirt freshman Cody Brown is 5-for-9 (.556) in his last four starts with five walks, five runs, two RBIs, one stolen base and a double.
- Redshirt freshman catcher Zack Randolph has driven in a run in three-straight games and four of his last five games played.
- Redshirt junior first baseman Wes Rea has reached base safely in 18 of the first 19 games this year.
- Junior Seth Heck is hitting .476 (10-for-21) in his last seven starts at shortstop with four runs, four RBIs, four walks and a stolen base.
- Junior lefty Jacob Lindgren has struck out 22 batters in 10.2 innings of relief this year.