STARKVILLE, Miss. - The Mississippi State University Department of Geosciences has reported that, for the month of September, 13.13 inches of rain (nearly 10 inches above average) fell on the Starkville campus. Since Oct. 1, an additional 2.4 inches of rain has fallen. This record amount of precipitation has led to extremely saturated areas on campus, many of which have been damaged by vehicular traffic at home football games.
In order to prevent further damage to grass areas on campus and, in particular, in the central campus area, the University has announced that grass parking lots located in central campus will be closed to ALL VEHICLES, INCLUDING TRAILERS AND SMOKERS for the October 10 homecoming game against the University of Houston. On Saturday, October 10th, the following changes will be in effect:
Bulldog Club Reserved Parking Lots
- Bulldog Club Reserved Lot 28 will be relocated to the Ruby Hall lot, on the west side of George Perry St.
- Bulldog Club Reserved Lot 10 will be restricted to parking only in the paved area and will be filled on a first-come first-served basis. When paved spaces are full, overflow will be sent to the Ruby Hall Lot, on the west side of George Perry St. The grass area in Lot 10 will be available as a picnic area and NO VEHICLES will be allowed in the grass area, INCLUDING TRAILERS AND SMOKERS.
- Bulldog Club Reserved Lot 27 will be relocated to Sorority Row immediately west and across Bully Blvd. from the current location.
- Bulldog Club Reserved Lot 7 will be restricted to parking only on the paved area and will be filled on a first-come first-served basis with any remaining Lot 7 pass holders being relocated to the gated lot south of Hand Laboratory. This lot can be accessed by using Bully Blvd. and President's Circle around Allen Hall. The grass area in Lot 7 will be available as a picnic area and NO VEHICLES will be allowed in the grass area, INCLUDING TRAILERS AND SMOKERS.
Bulldog Club members with reserved passes in the affected lots may also proceed to any available gameday only pay lot and will be admitted by showing their reserved parking pass, which will be punched for Game 4.
Gameday Pay Parking Lots
- Public pay parking lots located at Suttle Hall, Barr Avenue and Coliseum Blvd. will be closed.
- Public pay parking will not be available in the Zacharias Village parking lot.
- The Buckner Lane commuter lot will be closed.
- Public pay parking is available off Blackjack and South Stone Blvd.
- Public pay parking is available on paved and gravel lots on the east side of campus on Hardy Rd. and East Lee Blvd. between McKee Hall and the Industrial Education Building and behind the Student Health Center.
- On the north side of campus, fans are encouraged to use the free parking lots at the Thad Cochran Research Park and ride the shuttle provided.
- Free parking and shuttle service is also available in downtown Starkville with the shuttle service beginning at 8:30 AM, one hour earlier than usual.
- Free parking and shuttle service is available on the east side of the College of Veterinary Medicine. The shuttle will begin service at 9:30 AM and will pick up at the flag pole in front of the building.
Bulldog Club members who have reserved parking passes in Lots 11, 13, 17, 21 or 23 are encouraged to enter off HWY 12 onto Bully Blvd. to access those parking lots.
Mississippi State University and the MSU Athletic Department appreciates your understanding and cooperation as we make temporary shifts in parking to ensure that our campus will remain beautiful and to minimize the possibility of damage to campus grounds. Fans are encouraged to arrive early and enjoy campus and all the activities surrounding homecoming.
To view the 2009 Gameday Fan Guide, which includes a review of gameday policies as well as a parking map, please visit www.mstateathletics.com/gameday.