2009-10 • Junior
- Appeared in 35 games for the Bulldogs and drew 33 starts.
- Was second in scoring with a 13.2 clip.
- Scored a career-high 29 points against UCLA (12-12-09) on 12 of 15 shooting
- Had a career-high 8 rebounds at Arkansas (1-28-10).
- Scored in double-digits 27 times, the third-most on the team. He also scored 20 or more points five times, the second most.
- Led MSU in scoring a team-high 14 times.
- Connected on five 3-pointers three times - UCLA (12-12-09), Centenary (12-22-09) and Mississippi Valley State (12-28-09).
- Led MSU with 87 3-pointers (4th most in the SEC), the third-highest output in a single season at MSU.
- Currently ranks 4th all-time in school history with 177 made treys.
- Averaged 12.67 points in the SEC Tournament and 8.5 in the NIT.
- Was SEC Player of the Week on Dec. 14.
2008-09 • Sophomore
- The first-year starter led MSU with 83 3-pointers on 210 attempts.
- His 83 3-pointers were the third most in a single season behind Darryl Wilson's 97 ('95-96) and 94 ('94-95).
- In first-career start against Centenary, responded with 15 points and drained a team-high five 3-pointers.
- Scored a then career-high 26 points against Western Kentucky.
- Against WKU, he made a career-high nine field goals, including a career-best six 3-pointers on seven attempts.
- His 12.1 scoring clip was third-best on the team, and he started all 36 games.
- Grabbed a career-best eight rebounds vs. Nicholls State and logged a career-high 44 minutes in a double-overtime outing at Alabama.
- Scored 20-plus points a team-high five times.
2007-08 • Freshman
- Averaged 2.4 points (29-63 FGs for 46% & 6-23 treys for 26%) and 1.1 rebounds per game in 28 back-up appearances (6.4 mins/gm).
- In SEC play, he averaged 2.5 points and 1.2 boards.
- Had a rebound vs. Oregon in the NCAA Tournament and was 2-for-2 shooting and scored five points against Memphis in the second round.
- Had two rebounds and one steal (0-1 FGs) in 10 minutes at SEC Tournament.
- Had scored 11 total points on 5-6 FGs and handed out four assists in his previous three games before SEC Tournament.
- Scored five points and had two assists in 10 minutes at Florida (his most pts and most minutes since Feb. 2 vs. Tennessee).
- Also scored five points at Arkansas (12 mins) on 2-of-4 FGs (1-2 treys) and had one offensive board.
- Totaled six points (3-5 FGs), season-high three rebounds, two assists and a block at Loyola Marymount (11 mins).
Two-time all-state selection while starring at Coahoma County High School in Clarksdale, Miss. ... Helped lead coach Isaiah Peterson's Red Panthers to a composite record of 94-20 (.825) the past three seasons, including back-to-back Class 2A state championships in 2005-06 and 2004-05 with overall records of 35-5 and 32-5, respectively... Named the 2006-07 Gatorade Mississippi Boys' Basketball Player of the Year and earned All-State First Team honors from The Clarion-Ledger newspaper for the second straight year after averaging 22.7 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game as a senior. ... Also shot 91 percent from the free-throw line this in helping lead Coahoma County to a 27-10 record and a semifinal-round finish in the state tournament. ... Reached the 30-point mark seven times in 2006-07, including a career-high 38 points against Coldwater. ... Totaled 23 points (8-17 FGs, 3-7 treys & 4-4 FTs), three rebounds and three assists in helping pace Mississippi to a 118-113 victory against Alabama in the 2007 Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Game. ... Garnered 2005-06 Mr. Basketball accolades from The Clarion-Ledger after averaging 23.0 points, 7.1 rebounds and 1.6 assists per contest as a junior in leading the 35-5 Red Panthers to a second consecutive Class 2A state championship and a No. 2 overall state ranking. ... Also converted on 84 percent of his charity tosses during his junior campaign. ... Tallied 30 or more points six times in 2005-06, including a season-high 34 points against West Tallahatchie. ... Posted three 30-point outings during postseason play as a junior, including 33 points versus Coahoma AHS in the regional playoffs and 32 against Potts Camp during the 2A north state tournament. ... Averaged 20.1 points and 9.9 rebounds as a sophomore to earn honorable mention all-state status by The Clarion-Ledger. ... Helped lead the 2004-05 CCHS ballclub to a 32-5 record and a school-first Class 2A state title.
Ravern Gerrod Johnson was born July 21, 1988, in Clarksdale, Miss. ... Majoring in educational psychology. ... The son of Clarence and Catherine Hornburger.