2009-10 • Junior
- Due to an ankle injury, received a medical redshirt after appearing in just four games.
- In those four games, logged just 17 minutes and missed all four field-goal attempts.
- Scored one point, a free throw against Texas-Pan American on 11-24-09.
- Last game came against Old Dominion in South Padre, where in six minutes he was 0-1 from the floor.
- His lone block came against Texas-Pan American.
2008-09 • Sophomore
- Saw action in 27 games before a severely dislocated ankle against Florida in early March sidelined him for the remainder of the season.
- Had career-high 10 points against both North Alabama and Centenary.
- Finished second on the team with 26 blocked shots behind Jarvis Varnado, a stat that was 15th in the SEC.
- Averaged 3.9 points and 2.4 boards.
- Just missed out on first-career double-double with seven points and nine rebounds against Louisiana-Monroe.
- At home against North Alabama and LSU in double-overtime, hit six of his eight free throws.
- Before the injury against the Gators, he hit three of his five shots from the floor and had four rebounds to go along with his one assist and two steals.
2007-08 • Freshman
- Averaged 1.7 points and 1.5 rebounds per game in 31 appearances (6.8 mins) as a true freshman, including 2.2 ppg (11-19 FGs & 11-22 FTs) and 1.4 rpg (7.5 mins) in SEC play.
- 20 of his 46 total rebounds for the season were offensive boards.
- Played three minutes in NCAA Tournament win against Oregon and seven in the loss to Memphis.
- Totaled one offensive board (vs. Ala.) and 0-1 FGs (vs. Ga.) in 12 total minutes during the SEC Tournament
- Matched his season high with eight points on 4-of-5 FGs, along with three offensive rebounds, in home win over Arkansas (11 mins).
- Also tallied eight points on 2-of-2 FGs & 4-of-7 FTs, along with adding three boards and two blocks, in home win against Ole Miss in just 11 minutes.
- Played a season-most 14 minutes vs. Southeastern Louisiana, totaling two points, four rebounds (3 off.), an assist and a steal
- Hit a field goal in his only attempt and made 1-of-2 free throws, as well as collecting his first two assists and first steal of the campaign, in 10-minute stint at Loyola Marymount.
Averaged around 18 points, 12 rebounds and five blocks per outing as a senior co-captain at Baton Rouge's Belaire High School to collect Class 4A All-State Honorable Mention honors from the Louisiana Sports Writers Association (LSWA). ... Named to The Morning Advocate's 2006-07 All-Metro Team, while also being chosen the District 6-4A MVP and the district's top defensive player. ... Helped lead coach Michael Banks' 2006-07 Belaire ballclub to a 21-12 overall record, including being named tourney MVP in pacing the BHS Bengals to the East Baton Rouge Parish Tournament title. ... Scored a career-high 33 points, in addition to pulling down 26 rebounds and being credited with 14 blocked shots, against Glen Oaks during his senior season. ... Collected a career-most 28 rebounds and matched his season high with 14 blocks versus Zachary. ... Averaged around 15 points, 12 rebounds and three blocks per contest as a junior despite missing half the season due to a transfer ruling. ... Earned 2005-06 All-District 6-4A First Team accolades and was named one of the district's best defensive players. ... During his junior season, his single-game superlatives included 29 points versus Glen Oaks, 27 rebounds against Lee and 15 blocks versus Istrouma. ... Previously competed at Baton Rouge's Glen Oaks High School prior to transferring to Belaire in 2005.
Elgin L. Bailey was born October 20, 1987, in New Orleans, La. ... Majoring in human sciences. ... The son of April Stewart and Grayln Tate Sr.