If you or someone you know is not receiving this and would like to, please e-mail us at:
As the spring calendar quickly moves along, we’ve got the biggest weekend so far this year on campus coming up. With double-digit events at home over the next week, we’ve got a lot going on as our basketball teams are in the home stretch of the regular season, our softball team opens its season and new stadium and our golf, tennis and track and field teams continue to build off strong starts. All that, and we’re only nine days away from opening day of MSU baseball!
On that note, a reminder that Fan Day for the 2016 baseball season is this Saturday at 10 a.m. in the Palmeiro Center, with Coach Cohen and the team signing autographs from 10:30-noon. In addition to a ‘Kids Zone’ area during Fan Day, please stop by Dudy Noble and watch the team scrimmage at 2 p.m. For more information, follow this link.
GRAND OPENING OF NUSZ PARK THURSDAY
With the start of softball season comes at long last the official opening of Nusz Park, our beautiful new $6 million softball and tennis facility. For those who haven’t seen pictures online, it truly is an impressive facility and one all Bulldogs can be proud of.
We will have a ribbon cutting ceremony on Thursday at 5 p.m. before Coach Stuedeman and the team host Georgia Southern for the season opener. I invite all of you to join us tomorrow or for any of the five games we host over the weekend as part of the Bulldog Kickoff.
In anticipation of the ceremony, I want to thank Tommy and Terri Nusz for their generous support of MSU athletics on behalf of all of us who cheer for the Maroon and White. Proud Bulldogs like the Nusz family are what make MSU so special and I’m thrilled to be able to honor and thank them tomorrow as we open the park bearing their name.
SUPER BULLDOG WEEKEND DATES ANNOUNCED
As we announced yesterday, Super Bulldog Weekend 2016 will take place April 15-17 this year, our annual celebration of all things MSU athletics. For planning purposes, the Maroon-White spring football game will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday April 16. Our No. 11 baseball team hosts No. 4 Texas A&M that weekend, with games set for 6:30 Friday night, 2 p.m. Saturday at 1:30 Sunday afternoon. Our softball team plays host to No. 3 LSU with games at 5:30 Friday night, 7 p.m. Saturday and 3:30 on Sunday afternoon.
More details and the full schedule will be released closer to the date.
WRAPPING UP THIS WEEK’S EMAIL IN MAROON AND WHITE
- Congratulations to our men’s basketball team for their dominating win over Arkansas last night. I thought it was the best game they’ve played this season and I look forward to watching them for the next two games of their current homestand as we host Georgia at 7 on Saturday night and Vanderbilt on Tuesday at 8 p.m.
- Among the many events in town this weekend, make sure to come out and watch our No. 29 men’s tennis team in our renovated stadium as we host a doubleheader on Saturday, playing UAB at 11 a.m. and Morehead State at 5 p.m.
- Congrats to our women's tennis team which captured the crown of the Courtside Classic in Minneapolis this past weekend with impressive ranked wins over New Mexico and DePaul. As a result, they climbed to No. 26 in today's ITA Rankings, the highest since 2005. Three women's players are now ranked nationally in singles, led by Jasmine Lee who has achieved a school-record No. 9 ranking. Two of our women's doubles teams are also in the country's top 55.
- And finally, good luck to our track and field teams on the road this weekend at the Vanderbilt Invitational.
We appreciate what you do for Mississippi State Athletics and want to encourage you to get others involved. There are three things you can do to help the athletic department at Mississippi State reach its desired goals –
1. Buy Season Tickets
2. Financially Support the Bulldog Club
3. Get Others To Do The Same
Thanks for taking the time to read this Update.