If you or someone you know is not receiving this and would like to, please e-mail us at:
I’ve yet to find a bad time to be a Bulldog, but the last two weeks have been particularly enjoyable. For two-straight weekends, our Mississippi State teams have gone undefeated after Coach Mullen’s football team beat Northwestern State and Auburn, Coach McFatrich’s volleyball ladies swept the Tiger Invitational in Memphis then swept Ole Miss in Oxford over the weekend, while the women of Coach Gordon’s soccer team had a breakthrough win at Arkansas two Sundays ago followed by draws against SEC foes Tennessee and Missouri in Starkville this past weekend.
Meanwhile, our cross country teams have been at the top of their game, as well, particularly as the women have notched back-to-back top-three finishes in their last two meets.
The month of September has been good to us and I’m hoping for an even better October, beginning this weekend.
FALL SOFTBALL IN TUPELO VS OLE MISS
Offseason opportunities like this are rare, so I’d encourage anyone in the Lee County area to take advantage as Coach Stuedeman’s softball team (aiming for their fifth-straight NCAA Tournament appearance this spring) takes on Ole Miss in Tupelo Saturday at 2 p.m. as part of their fall schedule.
The Bulldogs and Rebels start at 2 p.m., but the festivities begin that morning with a free softball clinic for girls from 9:30-10:30 a.m., as well as an autograph session from 10:45-11:45 a.m. More information is available through this link.
It’s worth noting that our team is playing games like this partially as a result of quick progress on the new MSU softball stadium. The construction has been moving fast and I’d encourage you to drive by for a peek the next time you’re on campus, or check out the live construction cam here.
HAIL STATE EMOJIS
This summer, our marketing staff unveiled a Mississippi State-branded emoji keyboard, available for iOS and Android devices. Rhett Hobart from our staff shared some interesting stats earlier this week that you may find interesting.
- More than 72,000 Hail State keyboards have been installed.
- Over half a million (620,000) emojis, stickers and GIFs have been sent.
- 56 percent of users are females.
- 52 percent of users are between the ages of 18 and 34, with nearly 20 percent over the age of 50. (That’s a pretty impressive number for our ‘veteran’ Bulldogs).
- Most-shared emoji: Hail State logo (sent 45,395 times) followed by the M-State logo (41,688)
- Most-shared ‘sticker’: Bully face (sent 11,701 times)
Those of you who have downloaded the emojis seem to enjoy them. If you’ve not installed the keyboard yet, you can search “Hail State Emoji” in the app store to find it.
WRAPPING UP THIS WEEK’S EMAIL IN MAROON AND WHITE
• As our volleyball team continues to make big strides, I’d encourage you to come cheer them on in Starkville on Sunday against South Carolina (11 a.m.), or watch on TV on the SEC Network. They will also be on the SEC Network Friday on the road at Kentucky (6 p.m.)
• For those making the trip out to watch our football team take on Texas A&M, you can also check out the Bulldog soccer team vs. the Aggies in College Station, Friday at 7 p.m.
• On Saturday in College Station, make sure to join the Alumni Association for their tailgate from 3-5:30 p.m. - see details here
• As October is almost here, so too is basketball season quickly approaching. Good luck to our men’s and women’s teams as they begin official preseason practices Monday and Tuesday, respectively.
• And finally, congratulations to a very successful pair of Bulldogs as former football coach Jackie Sherrill has been elected to the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and former Bulldog linebacker Mario Haggan has been selected for the 2015 SEC Football Legends class.
We appreciate what you do for Mississippi State Athletics and want to encourage you to get others involved. There are three things you can do to help the athletic department at Mississippi State reach its desired goals –
1. Buy Season Tickets
2. Financially Support the Bulldog Club
3. Get Others To Do The Same
Thanks for taking the time to read this Update.