Photo Gallery: McCarthy Gymnasium 7/1/2010
The long-time Mississippi State basketball facility was converted in 1999 into a two-court indoor tennis complex.
Previous Gallery: A.J. Pitts Tennis Centre Next Gallery: MSU Golf Practice Facility
682 1024 mccarthygym_exterior_585w.jpg McCarthy Gymasium. 629114 hailstate.com680 1024 mccarthygym_585w.jpg The long-time Mississippi State basketball facility was converted in 1999 into a two-court indoor tennis complex. 629117 hailstate.com675 1024 mccarthygym_fromfloor_585w.jpg The facility is being utilized primarily for practices in times of inclement weather, but also serves as a competitive arena when matches at MSU's primary outdoor stadium, the A.J. Pitts Tennis Centre, are in jeopardy. 629115 hailstate.com630 1024 mccarthygym_uptop_585w.jpg Known as the New Gym in its early years, McCarthy Gym was home to MSU's basketball team from 1950-75, 10 of which were coached by the late Babe McCarthy, for whom the facility is named. MSU won four SEC titles under McCarthy's leadership. 629116 hailstate.com